Sick of the heat
Lumberton veterans attend national convention, hear speeches from Trump and Clinton
2 killed in wrecks near Lumber Bridge
‘Catch ‘em all’ with Pokémon Go
- Sick of the heat - 9:12 am
- Lumberton veterans attend national convention, hear speeches from Trump and Clinton - 9:05 am updated: 9:32 am.
- Lumberton Housing Authority awarded $1M grant to improve Mohr Plaza - 8:54 am updated: 9:05 am.
- GateHouse buys Fayetteville Observer - 8:36 am updated: 9:06 am.
- Man charged in wreck that killed 5 - 8:10 am
- Man drowns at Atlantic beach - 8:07 am
- $10M grant to upgrade short rail to Myrtle Beach - 7:57 am
- ‘Chlorine jolt’ planned to kill amoeba at Whitewater - 7:51 am
- Robeson County crime report - 7:44 am
- DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’ - 6:54 pm
- DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train - 6:49 pm
- Public gets to weigh in on proposed pipeline in Robeson - 9:28 am updated: 9:40 am.
- NC man faces sexual assault charges - 9:17 am
- Robeson County delegates: Democratic Party is uniting - 9:08 am updated: 9:39 am.
- Delayed Robeson commissioners meeting to be held Thursday - 8:57 am updated: 9:41 am.
- Summer fun - 8:56 am
- Doctor’s death probed - 8:07 am
- Scientist quits panel directing coastal growth - 8:04 am
- Summer theater camp to perform show Saturday in Pembroke - 7:52 am updated: 9:41 am.
- NC’s legal bill in HB2 fight now at $176,000 - 7:50 am
- Discounted rabies shots available in August in Robeson County - 4:03 pm updated: 9:41 am.
- Sheriff’s Office seek help identifying gunman who robbed store - 2:13 pm updated: 8:42 am.
- Pembroke A Wireless store giving away school supplies - 2:12 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 1:58 pm
- DNC: - 11:37 am
- Robeson County to observe National Night Out on Aug. 2 - 11:14 am
- After turmoil, Sanders urges Clinton vote - 9:01 am
- Longtime city fire chief dies - 8:48 am
- Fairmont official dies following illness - 8:20 am updated: 9:11 am.
- 2 bodies found in quarry - 7:28 am
- 3 drown in Lake Norman accident - 7:25 am
- McCrory on Trump: ‘We need an outsider’ - 7:19 am
- DNC 2016: Sanders, Mrs. Obama, Warren thrill convention - 11:53 pm
- DNC 2016: Die-hard Sanders backers divided on backing Clinton - 11:07 pm
- DNC 2016: Tuesday’s Schedule - 9:55 pm
- DNC 2016: Protests by Sanders’ supporters calls party unity into question - 5:13 pm
- 2 killed in wrecks near Lumber Bridge - 3:51 pm updated: 4:00 pm.
- Robeson County crime report - 3:39 pm
- DNC 2016: Trumka: Jobs, fair wages ‘key for prosperity’ - 3:27 pm
- DNC 2016: Sen. Casey: National, economic security critical in race for the White House - 2:51 pm
- DNC 2016: By the Numbers from the Democratic National Convention - 1:24 pm
- Senatorial candidate Katie McGinty to address the DNC on Thursday - 1:03 pm
- Cooperative Extension helps farmers search for alternative enterprises - 1:01 pm
- Speech Solutions moving to Whiteville - 1:01 pm
- Freeman takes helm at UNCP’s Entrepreneurship Incubator - 1:00 pm
- Hillary Clinton will be in Scranton, Pennsylvania, on Aug. 15 - 11:37 am updated: 11:45 am.
- Lumbee Tribe to hold meeting in Rennert tonight - 9:24 am updated: 11:58 am.
- Two Robesonians heading to Democratic National Convention - 8:01 am
- Recognition eludes Tuscarora - 8:01 pm updated: 12:00 pm.
- Ex-headmaster accuse of $9M theft - 4:29 pm
DNC 2016: Ohio delegate, 19, calls nomination night ‘electric’
Things came full circle for Spencer Dirrig as he watched Hillary Clinton receive the Democratic nomination for president.Dirrig, 19, is an Ohio deleg...
DNC 2016: Many Sanders’ supporters still not on board Clinton train
After Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders made the motion to stop the roll call vote Tuesday night at the Democratic National Convention, he asked that Hilla...
Public gets to weigh in on proposed pipeline in Robeson
FAYETTEVILLE — Residents of Robeson and surrounding counties concerned with the development of the proposed Atlantic Coast Pipeline can be heard at ...
NC man faces sexual assault charges
EBENSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A former house parent at a central Pennsylvania Catholic school has been charged with sexually attacking two Chinese inter...
Delayed Robeson commissioners meeting to be held Thursday
LUMBERTON — The Robeson County Board of Commissioners will meet Thursday to discuss business that was supposed to be handled at the board’s regula...
Support for Ashton Locklear’s parents increasing as Olympics draw closer
With less than two weeks left until the start of the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janerio, Brazil, it’s starting to hit crunch time for Jackie Jacobs...
Battle of the Carolinas Football Classic set for Aug. 10
LUMBERTON — In 2015, Lumberton High School hosted the inaugural Battle of the Carolinas Football Classic, drawing rave reviews from high school ...
Lumberton’s Will Osman, Rene Altamirano compete on national level
LUMBERTON — Playing among some of the best youth soccer teams in the country, Lumberton soccer players Will Osman and Rene Altamirano learned a ...
William McGirt aims to bounce back in Canada
OAKVILLE, Ontario — The RBC Canadian Open has been good to William McGirt during his time on the PGA Tour.Prior to notching his first Tour win e...
South Robeson football holding parents’ meeting
ROWLAND — A mandatory parents’ meeting is being held for parents of any South Robeson High School student that is interested in playing fo...
A’Terria Quick shines in East-West All-Star basketball game
GREENSBORO — A’Terria Quick scored a team-high 15 points to lead the East All-Stars in the annual NCHSAA East-West girls’ all-star b...
Presentation Tuesday tofocus on kidney stonesLUMBERTON — Learn about kidney stones and enjoy lunch on July 26 at 11 a.m. in Southeastern Health&...
Writing ‘From My Basket’
Well, hello there. Please, allow me to introduce myself. I am Juanita Lagrone, mom-extraordinaire to four amazing children, Grammy to two little sw...
Preserving the pipe organ
LUMBERTON — Organist and composer Mark Andersen’s agile fingers will once again bring the Carolina Civic Center’s pipe organ to life...
Fields retires from UNCP after 15-years at GPAC
LUMBERTON — The curtains closed for Patricia Fields, director of Givens Performing Arts Center, on Wednesday as she said her goodbyes to The Univer...
A book can open doors to new worlds
I can’t remember the first thing my parents bought me, or what happened to it, but I can remember the things I did with my parents as I was grow...
THEATER• July 28In the Good Old Summertime: The Carolina Civic Center will present a sing-along and silent movie accompanied by Mark Andersen on...
Time for commissioners to remove Cummings from DSS board
It could have been coincidence that not one, not two, not three, but four county commissioners, all of whom are against the reappointment of Raymond C...
Red Springs police commended for effort to help distressed man
To the Editor,A few weeks ago the police were summoned to the home of a distressed young man in Red Springs. The police used every effort they had to ...
Public dissatisfaction not new
RALEIGH — In this highly charged political year, it’s important to keep in mind that most North Carolinians, like most Americans, have bee...
A brick removed from a divisive wall
There was nothing heroic — or even extraordinary — a week ago today when two Lumberton police officers, a white and an American Indian, fe...
HB2 continues to hurt NC
In April NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said the league would move its 2017 all-star game out of Charlotte if state officials did not make major changes...
Renovated Rue21 opens in Lumberton with record sales
LUMBERTON — Rue21 is boasting more than a newly-expanded store in its Biggs Park Mall location — the local store also has bragging rights ...
Fresh fruits and veggies are always ‘a perfect choice’
Fruits and vegetables are a very important part of a healthy diet. We should make half the food on our plates fruits and vegetables. We can do this by...
RE/MAX in Lumberton announces new hire, broker award
LUMBERTON — RE/MAX Real Estate Exchange recently announced the hiring of a new broker and an award for broker Deborah Parker.Parker was granted ...
Lumberton Agricultural Events Center expansion coming soon
LUMBERTON — Long-awaited barns and horse stalls at the Southeastern North Carolina Agricultural Events Center could start to go up as early as n...
Coldwell Banker’sCarroll receives‘sterling’ status
LUMBERTON — Janell Carroll, an associate with Coldwell Banker Premier Team Realty in Lumberton, was recently invited to join the company’s...
North Carolina Cooperative Extension is at your fingertips
I am often asked in the community, “what do you do?” or “who do you work for?” When I answer North Carolina Cooperative Extens...