Man wanted in connection with murder, robbery in Red Springs
Triathlon puts fun in fitness
Lowering juvenile age pushed
McCrory touts tuition cut at UNC Pembroke
Lumberton man pleads guilty in brother’s stabbing death
- Robeson County crime report - 1:58 pm
- Ex-judges offer nonpartisan NC congressional map - 7:05 am
- Storms pose rainfall threat to Eastern NC - 7:02 am updated: 8:49 am.
- Sky ride to make its debut at NC State Fair - 7:01 am
- Pence to hold Winston-Salem rally - 6:59 am
- Raleigh police: Officer wounded, man dead after shots fired - 6:58 am
- Judge weighs if NC man was wrongly convicted of murders - 6:57 am
- Man wanted in connection with murder, robbery in Red Springs - 3:19 pm updated: 3:23 pm.
- North Carolina warily watching 2 tropical weather systems - 2:14 pm
- Robeson County crime report - 1:54 pm
- Lawsuit: Robeson man ripped off prospective homebuyers - 10:56 am updated: 9:06 am.
- Lumberton thrift store destroyed by fire - 10:37 am updated: 3:23 pm.
- Smithfield employees return to plant after chemical reaction - 10:03 am updated: 10:08 am.
- Perfect NC peaches - 10:01 am
- Woody’s Bar-B-Q to open in Lumberton - 9:59 am
- School needs back on agenda - 12:36 pm updated: 10:14 am.
- Clean and Green meets Tuesday - 12:13 pm
- Filing begins for Lumbee elections - 8:01 am
- Triathlon puts fun in fitness - 2:45 pm
- Lowering juvenile age pushed - 4:58 pm
- New districts in place for tribal election - 4:48 pm
- Smith: Zika doesn’t pose threat in Robeson in short-term - 4:12 pm updated: 4:12 pm.
- Fewer parking places for Panthers this season - 4:03 pm
- Shooting death ruled an accident - 3:43 pm
- Seeking a third term in U.S. Senate - 3:38 pm
- Living near God, loving other people - 2:39 pm
- Church events - 2:00 pm updated: 2:36 pm.
- Robeson County crime report - 1:52 pm
- Rural church among those providing aid after Louisiana flood - 12:43 pm
- McCrory touts tuition cut at UNC Pembroke - 9:34 am updated: 10:04 am.
- Schools keep tight grip on rod - 9:20 am updated: 9:55 am.
- Lumberton man pleads guilty in brother’s stabbing death - 8:51 am
- Storm soaking Dominican Republic - 7:58 am
- Plyler, former lawmaker, dies - 7:54 am
- Vermont cancel games with UNC over LGBT law - 7:51 am
- Man awarded $3.25M after rape conviction overturned - 7:47 am
- Police group endorses McCrory - 7:42 am
- Court urged to suspend voter-ID for election - 7:29 am
- Pembroke police say woman died of natural causes - 7:17 am updated: 1:05 pm.
- I-95 reopens after cross-county chase, wreck near St. Pauls - 5:21 pm updated: 9:17 am.
- Robeson County crime report - 2:09 pm
- State to study facility needs - 8:57 am
- It only hurts for a second - 8:33 am
- Tennessee man hits $1M prize in NC - 7:58 am
- Mayor questioned on vote-buying - 7:46 am
- Haley stumping today for McCrory - 7:43 am
- Brother: Man killed by trooper was scared of polic - 7:34 am
- Councilman believes truck being torched was payback - 4:03 pm updated: 4:05 pm.
- Robeson County crime report - 3:01 pm
- Robeson Community College has 30 applicants for presidency - 9:21 am
Robeson County crime report
TheftsAmanda Locklear, of Trol Road, Maxton, reported Sunday that $100 in cash, a $150 purse, a $30 wallet and IDs were stolen from her room at Royal ...
Lawsuit: Robeson man ripped off prospective homebuyers
RALEIGH — Attorney General Roy Cooper has filed a lawsuit against a Robeson County man accused of pocketing money people gave him to buy manufac...
Lumberton thrift store destroyed by fire
LUMBERTON — A Lumberton thrift store was destroyed by fire early Sunday morning, according to Lumberton Fire Chief Paul Ivey. The fire at 3150 Ma...
Smithfield employees return to plant after chemical reaction
TAR HEEL — The Smithfield Packing Plant in Tar Heel has allowed its employees to return to the facility after being evacuated because of an early mo...
Perfect NC peaches
Sweet and juicy peaches are one of North Carolina’s finest summertime fruits. Though they are available year round, they taste best and are less...
Woody’s Bar-B-Q to open in Lumberton
LUMBERTON — Barbecue enthusiasts have another choice to look forward to when Woody’s Bar-B-Q opens next month.A year ago, husband-wife tea...
Chay Locklear get tastes of Team USA baseball
Chay Locklear, a rising senior at St. Pauls, was selected to play for the Team USA’s Southeast 17-and-under National Team Identification Series ...
Fast-paced Rams down Red Springs
PEMBROKE — There is strength in numbers and the Purnell Swett football team used its roster that dwarfed Red Springs’ to its advantage on ...
Local Football Roundup: Late score lifts St. Pauls over Douglas Byrd
FAYETTEVILLE — Running back Chris Graham was a workhorse for the St. Pauls football team on Friday night, scoring the go-ahead touchdown in a 12...
Aerial Assault: Trojans rout Pirates
LUMBERTON — After earning a blowout victory in its season opener, the Lumberton football team entered Friday night looking to keep it rolling ag...
Lumberton’s London Thompson featured on espnW’s basketball watch list
LUMBERTON — London Thompson, a rising junior at Lumberton, was added to ESPN’s 100 watch list among the Class of 2018 HoopGurlz basketball...
Friday’s Local Roundup
Fairmont comes from behind, tops Purnell SwettPEMBROKE — After the Purnell Swett volleyball took the first two sets against Fairmont at home on ...
After accident, Lumberton man praises Southeastern Health nurses
On Aug. 3, 69-year-old Steve Barfield was injured while running a backhoe at his home in Lumberton.“The load shifted, threw me out of the seat a...
Southeastern Hospice offers support group, volunteer training
LUMBERTON — Southeastern Hospice will hold a training course for new volunteers interested in assisting hospice patients and their families in h...
Southeastern Health names two directors
LUMBERTON —Southeastern Health recently named two directors, Tracy L. Johnson and Jan Colosimo.Johnson will serve as director of maternal/child ...
Take a vacation once in a while
More than half of Americans don’t use all of their vacation days. That statistic hit me like a brick when I found that I still had nine of my 10...
Sign up for a library card this September
September is Library Card Sign-up Month — a wonderful time to remind parents that a library card is the most important school supply of all. Lib...
Joseph Mitchell to be focus of series
LUMBERTON — The Robeson County Arts Council and the Robeson County Public Library will hold a series of discussions on famed journalist and Fair...
University faculty lacks diversity
RALEIGH — Election season may not be the best time to go looking for sober reflection or respectful dialogue. For example, consider what happened re...
More words on new schools, but where’s the money?
On Tuesday members of the Board of Education for the Public Schools of Robeson County will huddle with Treasury officials and two local lawmakers to d...
Time to weed the tax garden
Thirty years ago, President Ronald Reagan signed the most recent major tax code overhaul into law. Since then, more and more loopholes, duplicative cr...
School choice soars in NC
There are many reasons for North Carolinians to be proud of the statewide education reforms implemented over the last five years. The state has made m...
Projects could help downtown Lumberton reclaim glory
Rediscover Downtown Lumberton, an eclectic and not-always-easy-to-please bunch, appears satisfied today, fresh off a meeting with the City Council dur...
Rice celebrates 30 years with company
LUMBERTON — James Otis “Bill” Rice has completed 30 years of service with image supply.Rice joined image supply on April 28, 1986, a...
T.J.’s Grill is keeping it simple
LUMBERTON — Hungry for lunch but need to squeeze a haircut into your busy day? A barbershop-grill combo might be the solution to your time crunc...
Mattress Firm open for business
LUMBERTON — Mattress Firm on Fayetteville Road is open for business.Store manager Kendrick Freeman said he opened the store on Wednesday.Origina...
Student insurance cost going up
If you have a child in college, I know you share my relief that tuition increases have slowed down recently. This fall, however, brace yourself.Fayett...
The Robesonian welcomes 3 to staff
LUMBERTON — The Robesonian recently welcomed three new staff members: Tammy Britt, Denice Stephens and Juanita Lagrone.Britt began as circulatio...