First Posted: 5/17/2009
ROWLAND The Rowland Chamber of Commerce received a donation from The Rowland Lions Club recently.
Jimmy McCall, representing the club, presented a check for $1,000 to Rowland Chamber President Dessie Lowry for the final phase of the restoration to the new chamber office.
The chamber held a grand opening on Sept. 20, 2008, but has been unable to fully utilize the office because of the lack of a heating and cooling system.
With the help of donations, the chamber has completed the full restoration of this historical building. The brick structure that stands today was opened in May 1935 to house the first free public library in Robeson County.