December 16, 2013
There are 21 new donations to The Empty Stocking Fund today, and because all of them are for at least $25, each will be matched with a $25 gift from an anonymous benefactor.
Notable gifts today include $500 from the Public Schools of Robeson County Educational Office Professionals, $300 from Rayham Baptist Church, and more memorials to honor the lives of John Rancke Sr. and his daughter-in-law Pam.
The donations push the fund’s total to 27,576.60, but because 123 of the gifts have been for $25 or more, there is an additional $3,075 of matches that are still unreported. That is enough money to provide $50 vouchers to Kmart and Roses for 551 children, but there are 1,502 children who are registered for help.
The deadline to contribute is 5 p.m. Thursday, and it cannot be extended. Last year several donations came in after the deadline, so if you plan to give, please do so soon so that money can help a needy child next week and not next year.
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O. Box 1028, Lumberton, N.C., 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.”
With donations of $500 or more, The Robesonian will publish a photograph if that is requested. Anyone wishing to have a photograph published should try to get that donation in quickly to give the best chance that the photograph will appear on Page 1A. Call Editor Donnie Douglas at 910-272-6104 if that is your plan.
Previous total…… $25,286.60
107. In memory of the Rice & Horne family from Mr. & Mrs. Clarence Rice….…$100
108. Ethan Schaeffer…….$25
109. “Thankful for our Blessings,” Lisa ad Mike Schaeffer…. $100
110. In loving memory of my son, Cory Rogers…….$25
111. In loving memory of Winston Ivey…….. $25
112. In loving memory of Grandma Ivey………. $25
113. In honor of my two special nephews, John & Jeremy Rogers……..$25
114. In loving memory of my grandson, Cory Rogers, from Grandma Laura………$25
115. In honor of my amazing mother, Chris Stephenson, Amy Fleishman….$150
116. Public Schools of Robeson County Educational Office Professionals….$500
117. In memory of my beloved parents, Dr. & Mrs. Rowland Pittman, from Al Pittman……….$100
118. A Friend…………$125
119. In memory of Bernice Mitchell from Charlotte Mitchell…………$50
120. In memory of Pam Rancke and John Rancke Sr,. from First Presbyterian Church Experiencing God Sunday School…………$110
121. In loving memory of my husband, Jack R. Meade, Catherine & Lonnie B Lowery from Mayco Mead……..$75
122. Robeson County employees……..$30
123. In memory of Jack Parker, from Karen Taylor……..$50
124. In memory of Nellie Taylor, from Kenneth Taylor…..$50
125. Knights of Columbus……..$150
126. In loving memory of Pam Rancke, John Rancke Sr and Max Stephens from Margaret & Bobby………$250
127. Rayham Baptist Church……….$300
New total …….$27,576.60