Rancke family donations kick off Stocking Fund
Thanks to the generosity of a special family that thought of others while suffering tragedy during this and last year’s Christmas seasons, The Empty Stocking Fund returns with a bang, not its traditional whimper.
Out of 27 gifts that we report today, 21 were made in honor of either Pam Rancke or her father-in-law, John Rancke Sr.
Pam, whose husband John Rancke Jr. grew up in Lumberton, died soon before Christmas 2012 following a courageous fight with cancer. Before her death, she asked that contributions be made to the fund in her memory. The donations poured in, including 17 that did not arrive before the 2012 fund was closed out, so they are being reported today.
In addition, there are four donations to report today in honor of Pam’s father-in-law John Rancke Sr., a longtime pharmacist in Lumberton who died recently as age 87. His family has asked again that his life be honored with donations that will provide gifts for needy children during Christmas.
That means that the fund opens with a total of $1,393.6o. Twenty-five of the gifts today are for at least $25, meaning each will be matched with a $25 gift from an anonymous benefactor.
There were 1,502 children from 690 families who were deemed eligible for help from the fund this year through a screening process by the Robeson County Department of Social Services. Fifty-five of them can already be checked off Santa’s list.
The deadline to contribute to the fund this year is Dec. 19 — and it will not be extended. The people at the Department of Social Services need to make sure $50 vouchers are in the mail by Dec. 20 to ensure they reach to the needy families in time. They can be redeemed at either Kmart and Rose’s.
We encourage churches, schools, businesses and civic groups to contribute to the fund. With donations of $500 or more, The Robesonian will publish a photograph if that is requested. We can take the photograph or you can provide one.
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O. Box 1028, Lumberton, N.C., 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.”
1. In honor of Pam Rancke and family from David D. King and family with love ….$100
2. In hour of Pam Rancke from Carol Elmore …..$30
3. In honor of Pam Rancke from Gary & Debra Cooper …….$20
4. In honor of Pam and John Rancke from Vincent and Susan Lewis …….$25
5. In honor of Pam Rancke from Dorothy Keith ……..$25
6. Memorial for Pam Rancke from Judy and Charlie Wellons ……$100
7. From Fairmont First Baptist Willing Workers Sunday School Class ……$100
8. Pam Rancke Memorial from Jean Mason ……..$25
9. In honor of Pam Rancke from Bob and Tanya Judd ……$100
10. Memory of Pam Rancke from Mary Joe Walter …….$50
11. Memory of Pam Rancke from Maria McIntyre ……$25
12. Memory of Pam Rancke from Judy Seals …….$25
13. Memory of Pam Rancke from SECU Employees ……..$80
14. Memory of Pam Rancke from Mr. and Mrs. Robert Parnell …….$50
15. From Gertie N Ballou ……..$25
16. From Earl and Sarah Baxley in memory of Pam Rancke ……$50
17. John and Frances Byrd in Memory of Pamela Byrd Rancke …….$50
18. To honor the life of Mrs. Pamela Byrd Rancke. She was a special lady and will be certainly missed, from Mrs. Bridget Bryd Joyce……. $25
19. In memory of Pamela Byrd Rancke. A beautiful lady who is missed so much. Helen and Charles Johnson …..$25
20. In memory of John Rancke, from Tanglewood Elementary School ……$143.6o
21. John Rancke Memorial ………$20
22. In memory of John McMillian Rancke, given by Georgia Noble Williams ……..$25
23. In memory of John Rancke, from the Lumberton Rotary Club …….$50
24. In memory of Maurice D. Rozier and in honor of Adele Rozier, from Susan …..$100
25. Trinity United Methodist Women of Fairmont ………$50
26. From Bob and Pat Horne ……..$25
27. Anonomyous ………….$50.00
Total ………………..…. $1,393.6o
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices