With four more days to contribute to The Empty Stocking Fund, there are an amazing 27 more donations to report, pushing the fund past $28,000.
Today we report an annual gift from the Kiwanis of Robeson-Lumberton of $750. Club President Mike DeCinti can be seen in a photograph with this article presenting the check to Scott Ricardi, an employee of Heartland Publications.
The largest gift today, one of nine in honor of Pam Rancke, is for $1,000 and comes from Dr. Andrew Simays and his wife Polly. There are many other gifts today honoring or remembering loved ones.
All but one of the 180 gifts that we have received have been for at least $10, meaning each will be matched with a $25 gift from an anonymous benefactor, adding $4,475 to the total that has not yet been reported. We need 61 more gifts to take full advantage of the pledge, which caps at $6,000.
We have a good chance of passing last year’s total of just shy of $50,000.
The Department of Social Services is communicating with this newspaper every day, getting updated totals and working to get the vouchers to needy families. We can accept no more gifts at 2 p.m. on Friday.
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O Box 1028, Lumberton, N.C., 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.” Donations can also be made in honor or memory of loved ones.
Running total …..$25,547.00
154. Robeson Lumberton Kiwanis Children Foundation…… $750.00
155. In honor of Ram Rancke from Linda and Don Metzger ……$100.00
156. In memory of Rev. John Willard and Euania Jane Jones, from Calvert Jones …..$100.00
157. Anonymous …….$50.00
158. Given in honor of Pam Rancke and her family, by David and JoAnne Branch …..$100.00
159. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Dr. Andrew Simays and Polly Simays …..$1,000.00
160. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Laurie Currie …..$20.00
161. In memory of Cory Rogers, from Grandma Laura ……$25.00
162. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Jan and Butch Gane …..$125.00
163. In honor of Pam Rancke and family, front Drs. Joe and Annette Burke ……$100.00
164. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Keith Schell …..$100.00
165. In loving memory of Danny Collins and in honor of his grandson, Danny Collins, anonymous…. $25.00
166. In loving honor of Pam Rancke, from Curtis King $……40.00
167. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Robyn Weinstein ……$25.00
168. A Christmas gift from Steven and Margaret Sayers …..$25.00
169. In honor of Pam Rancke and her loving, family from a friend, Cynthia Holden …..$20.00
170. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Mary Odom …..$25.00
171. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Wayne Odom …..$25.00
172. A friend ……$25.00
173. In honor of our Aunt Pam, from Blake King and Arian Grij …….$100.00
174. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Linda Rushton …….$50.00
175. Given in memory of Dot and Otis Lloyd, Jerry Lloyd and Phyllis Allen, from Barbara Freemen …..$100.00
176. In memory of Sam Noble ……$100.00
177. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Howard Hughes and Sandra Hughes ……$250.00
178. From Harrison ……$10.00
179. From Dalton ……$10.00
180. From Janie …..$10.00
New total……… $28,857.00