There is a lot to talk about today.
First, the deadline to contribute has been set for Dec. 21, Friday of next week. We encourage those who wish to donate to do so immediately, because Teresa Harris, the supervisor at the Department of Social Services who is coordinating the effort there to distribute vouchers, calls daily with updates so that can be done in a timely fashion. The more money collected now, the less work the DSS staff will have to do in the days approaching Christmas.
There are 28 more gifts to the fund to report, including an amazing 17 in honor of Pam Rancke and her family. The largest gift today comes from J&D Wood, a Fairmont industry whose mascot, Woodie, can be seen in a photograph with this story.
The fund now stands at $20,187, but that doesn’t include a hidden $2,750 in matches from an anonymous donor.
Donations can be made in person at our office at 2175 N. Roberts Ave. or mailed to us at P.O Box 1028, Lumberton, NC 28359. Just make the check payable to The Empty Stocking Fund.
If you plan on making a gift of at least $500 and want a photograph published, please call Donnie Douglas, editor of The Robesonian, at 910-272-6104 to schedule that.
Each day The Robesonian will list the money donated and the contributors. If you wish to remain anonymous, you can do so by being listed as “A friend” or “Anonymous.” Donations can also be made in honor or memory of loved ones.
83. Curtis Wilcox Sunday School class at Sand Hill Baptist Church …..$100.00
84. A friend …..$25.00
85. A friend …..$20.00
86. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Phyllis Ingram …….$50.00
87. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Terry D. Tyndall ……$25.00
88. Merry Christmas to you and yours, from “UNCwood” of ZZL….. $50.00
89. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Annette and Bummy ……$50.00
90. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Rhonda Stephens …..$30.00
91. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Christian Melvin ……$25.00
92. In honor of Pam Rancke, from James and Leila Melvin …..$25.00
93. In the name of John and Pam Rancke, from Julia Palmer …..$10.00
94. Anonymous to honor Pam Rancke…… $100.00
95. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Susan and Nicky Guy ….$50.00
96. Rogers Electric ……$200.00
97. J&D Wood …….$1,500.00
98. James and Ernestine Haskins ……$100.00
99. Ramsaur & McLean Professionals Association ……..$250.00
100. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Joeph F. Read and Ruth T. Read….$50
101. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Stephanie and Will Bass ……$100.00
102. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Faye and Bob Caton…… $100.00
103. Bethesda United Methodist Church Women ……$400.00
104. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Jeffrey Kinlaw …….$50.00
105. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Richard Tyson …….$15.00
106. In honor of Rancke family, from M.S. Stephens …….$25.00
107. From an old friend in honor of Pam Rancke …….$250.00
108. In honor of Pam Rancke, from Neil and Lisa Wilson …..$20.00
109. Given in memory of Gilbert Stephenson, from Chris Stephenson ……$100.00
110. A friend …….$300.00
Running total ……$20,187.00